BubblePipeMediaBubblePipeMedia

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

DopamineDeficiency DopamineDeficiency

an interesting idea, but I wish the the snare and kick were much lower in the mix. I'm having a hard time hearing the cool stuff going on in the background. This piece would be good for a dungeon crawler, but as it is, the snare would drive me nuts after a while, even without the volume. Maybe put some more variety in noticeable effects on the snare? Still, cool piece.

BDPooMan responds:

I appreciate the input. I was really trying to add more depth with this one and have a fuller sound. I just amped up the volume on my drums in this track from my last one having heard they were weak sounding. Now to find the balance! Thanks for the input man!

- [ALBUM] - Safeball - [ALBUM] - Safeball

I'm a huge fan of this mix of styles. You make it work very well.

Amiga D00m Amiga D00m

This is all sorts of old school groovy!! I wish there was no quote at the beginning. While I've never been a fan of soundbites, this piece would also be really good for looping. Great job!

Into The Galaxy Into The Galaxy

I don't even like house and this is pretty awesome! The only thing I was a little iffy on was some high end resonance of the synth that starts at 2:30. Keep up the good work!

Theim -Million Miles Away Theim -Million Miles Away

As someone who normally detests repetition, I gotta say the groove in this is pretty solid. If you want to change things up, maybe have several different delay sends that you bring in and out of certain instruments, like drums. While I dig it, it is a bit too repetitive for me to listen to on my own, but I would really dig it in an in-game dance club scene. I also gotta say, your drum samples rock.

I'll Wreck Your Speakers I'll Wreck Your Speakers

I like the overall over distorted sound, and the different groove sections, but each section gets a little repetitive and needs just a little something more in terms of variety. That said, I am weird when it comes to variety and repetition, so I know I have some strong opinions in this area and a lot of people may think it's fine. I didn't like the heavy smokey distorted tone at the beginning, but the second time it came in, perhaps there was more going on and I liked it.

TestRecording TestRecording

So, here's the thing, right now, it just sounds really out of tune. But, if you were to play that up and give it some context, say, add some funky bass to give it a reference tonal center, and then some atmosphere to give it some dark but playful vibes, then it could work well in a ghost level. So, I give it two point five stars now, which is higher than I would give it if I didn't see some potential. It's a good start to something interesting, but you definitely need to take it there.

Lesser Monkeys Lesser Monkeys

great stuff!

I love Eskmo and Tobin, and I can definitely hear his influence here. But you also put a lot of your own style into it (though I'm not familiar with Lorn, so it may be more his style). But solid job. The only thing I thought was at times the mix could have been a little better, as some of the smaller details seemed to get lost. But seriously dude, amazing stuff. This is the first track I have downloaded here.

Anti-Citizen responds:

Yeah i also do think the mixing could do a bit of work. But im not sure in what way. well a lot of listening could figure that out or i'll figure it out working on the next track. I think it could be in the sidechained kick. it really drains the sound. Then i again i like the almost slimy fat sound of it. (see flying lotus / teebs for other reasons why) Definitely check Lorn out. "Nothing Else" is a great album. Big heavy dirty synth sounds. Thx for the review! =D

TOX10 TOX10

More!

Solid sound, but I want more! A great small loop, but this could easily be a much longer piece. Great job.

FoxxieCreations responds:

I'll work on it, cheers :)

First try at dubstep First try at dubstep

You said it

I think you said it, it's your first take, it shows, but it isn't at all bad. I feel the dubstep elements were short lived, and when they hit, they weren't as solid as they could have been. The good part is, you did an interesting turn around. I was listening and thinking 'this isn't no darn dubstep' then you flipped it and did a good job of not sounding like two songs just thrown together. Keep it up.

Other thoughts; pay attention to your LFO sound, make sure it has a sense of pitch. You got the LFO part right, but the bass itself didn't really have enough pitch presence. I know some dubstep does this, so this may just be personal preference.

LewBerry responds:

Noted, thanks for the advice :)